The world continues to experience rapid technological advancement, fast-changing consumer needs and a growing need of the working force to adapt to an ever-changing environment.
The importance of training and development has become evident to professionals across all sectors in order to enhance their skills to stay effective in the workplace.
This brings us to the fundamental principle of Continuing or Continuous Professional Development (CPD). This terms is commonly used to describe the commitment to lifelong professional learning. There is an increasing expecation, if not a professional requirement, for individuals to undertake training that contributes to their CPD, regardless of career type, industry sector, position or responsibilities.
Since 1991, IDC Technologies has been an Internationally Accredited Professional Training Organization responsible for assisting engineers, technicians and technologists with their CPD requirements all around the world.
IDC Technologies has also been provided (June 2016) provisional accreditation as a Private Higher Education Provider (Reg. No. 2016/HE07/001). For further information contact the Department of Education http://www.dhet.gov.za/SitePages/contactusnew.aspx.
IDC Technologies is the sister company of the Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT), which is a Registered Training Organization (RTO) and Higher Education Provider. IDC Technologies provides public training workshops, conferences, on-site training, On-Demand (self-paced) video courses and technical reference books. EIT provides a growing range of online training courses and accredited qualifications.
IDC and EIT have received recognition, endorsement and/or accreditation (varies by course and location) from authorative bodies based around the world. These include:
- The IEEE, based in the USA is the world’s leading professional association for the advancement of technology with more than 430,000 members in more than 160 countries. The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is an IEEE Continuing Education Provider.
- IDC Technologies is registered with Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB) (Human Resources Development Fund in Malaysia) in Category A.
- Institute of Measurement and Control (IMC) in the United Kingdom is Britain’s foremost professional body for the Automation Industry. Training courses offered by IDC Technologies can assist individuals with their ‘Initial Professional Development’ (IPD) and with the subsequent ‘Continuing Professional Development’ (CPD) required to maintain such competences. In addition, the Engineering Institute of Technology is a Companion Company of the IMC.
- The Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ) is the professional body which represents professional engineers from all disciplines in New Zealand. IPENZ members can self assess for Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points associated with IDC Technologies’ public workshops and training.
- Existing members of Engineers Australia are entitled to claim Continuous Professional Development (CPD) hours for private study, short courses, and learning activities at the workplace. CPD hours can be claimed for our courses in most cases, but we would always advise individual members to check with the institution if unsure regarding a specific course.
- The South African Institution of Mechanical Engineers (SAIMechE) covers all fields of application including automobile, energy generation, process engineering, heavy manufacture, design, management, research, mining and education.
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is registered and accredited to offer both degree and vocational (diploma and certificate) programs. EIT is authorized by the Australian Government Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) as a Higher Education Provider (www.teqsa.gov.au/national-register with registration number PRV14008). EIT is a Registered Training Organization (RTO) in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector – provider number 51971.Many EIT courses are registered with Training.gov.au (TGA) in Australia. TGA is the official National Register of information on Training Packages, Qualifications, Courses, Units of Competency and Registered Training Organisations (RTOs). EIT qualifications accredited to date can be viewed under the “Scope” tab HERE. Please note that many additional course are also in the process of accreditation.
- EIT is a Participating Partner with the Engineering Institute of Canada (EIC) and EIT programs and courses can be used by members to register for Continuing Education Units (CEUs). EIC’s Continuing Education Program is supported by The Canadian Council of Professional Engineers, The Association of Consulting Engineers of Canada, and The Canadian Academy for Engineering. EIC is a member of the International Association for Continuing Education and Training, with headquarters in Washington, DC.
- ACPET is the Australian Council for Private Education and Training - the national industry association for independent providers of compulsory education and training, for Australian and international students. The aim of ACPET is to enhance the diversity of education and training throughout Australia via independent enterprise and so provide a choice of product and outcome for consumers. They also have cooperation agreements with private providers in New Zealand, South Africa and Singapore. EIT is a member of ACPET and as such agrees to abide by the ACPET Code of Ethics, ACPET Constitution and the ACPET By-laws.
It is very important to us, at IDC Technologies, to ensure that our clients can confidently attend our workshops and courses, knowing that the professional development they are receiving is of a creditable standard and will provide them with personal measurable, productivity gains and the opportunity for career advancements.
To view the most up to date recognition information for EIT, IDC's sister company, please click HERE.
Engineers and technicians are expected to acquire ongoing professional development – with genuine skill enhancement. Training providers (such as IDC Technologies and EIT) endorsed by authorative bodies are often sought after to ensure professional development demands are met.
We have presented training courses to over 500,000 engineers and technicians since 1991 and our aim of maintaining the highest of standards has endured. We have rigorously designed procedures to achieve this end; from the conception of the topics through to the training of the instructors, prior to the training delivery.
If you need more information regarding the status of a particular workshop/distance learning event or conference before registering on it, please do not hesitate to contact Caroline Patterson (Publishing & Accreditation Manager) by phone or via email: