Instrumentation Training Courses
Practical Batch Management & Control (Including S88) for Industry (BA)
This workshop will teach you how to choose, design and manage an automated batch management control system to streamline your business.
The workshop concentrates on getting the building bricks right and arranging the structures into flexible schemes suitable for automated batch management.
The material in this workshop aligns with current practices in the automation of batch processes, including the drive for integration with MES and ERP products from major IT product companies.
At the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Acquire a basic knowledge of standards and techniques in the automation of batch processes
- Design a batch manufacturing control system for new or upgrade projects using principles supported by the ISA S88 standard
- Obtain guidance in the integration of batch control systems with manufacturing information systems
- Design and specify instrumentation and batch controls in modules leading to complete unit operations
- Carry out the detailed design of batch control operations including the sequencing and interlocking functions
- Develop batch operations into complete recipe based production systems
- Be aware of and be able to evaluate the choices in the range of batch control system products.
- Avoid the pitfalls of not having the batch control system package match your requirements.