Train the Trainer - Presentation and Instructing Skills for Engineers and Technical Professionals
This workshop is designed to equip you with the skills required to become an effective and consistent technical instructor. Ever changing and complex technology requires a constant need of technical training, which can be quite intimidating.
An effective technical instructor needs a combination of technical skills and presentation abilities to help delegates overcome technical barriers. During this workshop, you will be guided on how to overcome the fear of speaking in public and addressing technically skilled delegates, how to deliver spellbinding presentations and employ practical, memorable and clear instruction methods. Learning must be challenging, encouraging, reflective and entertaining. It requires both the instructor and the participant to listen, to understand, to agree and to do.
This is a highly interactive workshop that provides delegates with hands-on opportunities to prepare, organise and deliver effective and powerful technical presentations. Delegates will be shown techniques to arouse and maintain participants' attention, effectively convey information, actively involving the audience, demonstrating concepts and creating powerful visual presentations.
We will show you what to do before a technical training session, how to start a technical training session and what to do during, at the end and after the training session.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Receive a certificate of attendance in support of your continuing professional commitment
- All workshops include the associated hardcopy technical manual
- Printed workshop handouts
- Lunch and refreshments
- Interact and network with workshop attendees and experienced instructors
- Practical, industry driven content to assist you in your continuing professional development (CPD)
- Attendees automatically become IDC subscribers and receive exclusive deals and technical content every month
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Computer specialists and analysts
- Course designers
- Educators and facilitators
- Engineering, technical and business professionals
- In-house trainers who want to organise and present training workshops
- Managers and supervisors
- Non-technical managers and decision makers
- Trainers who need a refresher course on presentation skills
Anybody who wants to improve their public speaking, presentation and training skills, and those who may need to train groups of people effectively and efficiently.
- Introduction to technical training
ELEMENTS OF TRAINING
- Learning techniques
- Audience analysis
- Cultural diversity
- Training environment
- Handling anxiety and calming nerves
THE SECRETS OF SUCCESSFUL INSTRUCTORS
- Attributes and characteristics
- Physical appearance
- Non-verbal language
- Successful training with impact
- The introduction
- Time management
- Supporting material
- After the workshop
- Participatory exercises
- Questions and answers
VISUALS AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
- Integrating text, graphics, visuals and audio to structure powerful presentations
- Using PowerPoint to maximise impact