September 18 2012
18th & 19th September - Rydges, Auckland
Learn the latest information from New Zealand and Australian experts who will present case studies and papers on new technologies, best practice, and practical solutions for your earthing, bonding, lightning and surge protection issues.
Featuring Keynote Speaker Tony Mitton
Power Engineering Consultant and Chairman of the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET).
Tony Mitton is a power engineer with over 30 years in electricity transmission and distribution engineering in NZ and overseas. His experience includes substation design, project and site management, commissioning, earthing design and testing and special investigations. Tony also developed practical means to test earth grid using off-frequency low current injection methods. From 1990 to 2007 Tony was the manager of his own consulting company which was then merged to form Mitton ElectroNet Ltd. Tony assisted the Electricity Engineers Association to prepare a new Guide to Power System Earthing Practice and was also on the Energy Network Association working group for the EG-0 Power Systems Earthing Guide.
Benefits of Attending:
• Update your knowledge on best practice and find practical solutions in earthing,lightning and surge protection technologies
• Learn about current earthing and lightning protection projects happening in New Zealand
• See how AUS/NZ Standards are being successfully applied to local projects
• Learn how optimal electrical earthing, lightning and surge protection design can improve production and reduce costs
• Learn how effectively to select, install and coordinate Surge Protection Devices (SPDs)
• Learn how local engineers are designing earthing and lightning protection for New Zealand’s high resistivity soil regions
• Gain best practice skills to design, test and install portable earthing and bonding
• Learn how to use the AS/NZS1768 assessment tool in your lightning protection design
• Learn about the new methodology for analysing transmission line lightning performance
• Network with experienced experts and your peers
For further details including an outline of each paper to be presented, download the conference brochure by clicking HERE .
To register online, click HERE.
This conference is proudly sponsored by: