Practical TCP/IP and Ethernet Networking for Industry - Live online course
The internet has made a substantial impact on the way we do business, as well as the plant and factory environment. One of the great protocols inherited from the internet is TCP/IP, which is used by most present-day automation and process control systems. SCADA systems, Programmable Logic Controllers and even low level instruments are using TCP/IP and Ethernet to transfer information. TCP/IP and Ethernet are truly open standards, available to competing manufacturers and providing the user with a common standard at low cost.
This online course covers the main aspects of TCP/IP and Ethernet in detail, including the practical implementation of TCP/IP in computer and industrial areas and the practical use of the internet and intranets. You will learn to troubleshoot and maintain TCP/IP networks and communication systems in an office and industrial environment.
The course is designed to give you a superb fundamental grounding in TCP/IP and the internet, as it is applied to industrial automation and process control. The objective is to provide a useful and practical toolbox of skills that can be applied immediately to your plant or facility.
YOU WILL GAIN
- A practical understanding of what TCP/IP is and how to apply it
- How to construct a robust Local Area Network (LAN)
- The basic skills to effectively troubleshoot TCP/IP and LANs
- How to improve the performance of a network
- How to set up an intranet
- How to connect your LAN or intranet to the internet
- How to apply appropriate network management tools
- Four 50 minute live, practical sessions with your instructor and attendees
- The full technical eBook manual for “Practical TCP/IP and Ethernet Networking for Industry” which includes course slides, cases studies, calculations and practical exercises
- Four hours of additional in-depth video sessions covering many additional areas – yours to keep and watch at your convenience
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone designing, installing, commissioning, maintaining or troubleshooting TCP/IP, and intra/internet sites will benefit, including:
- Design engineers
- Electrical engineers
- Engineering managers
- Instrumentation engineers
- Network engineers
- Network system administrators
A basic knowledge of industrial communications and applications will be useful.
This is an intensive online course. The course is split up in to two sections – Live sessions and recorded lectures. All 8 hours will be provided upon course completion for review.
INTERNET LAYER PROTOCOLS (IP)
- Supernetting and CIDR
- Header structure
- Routing protocolsIPv6
- Addressing modes
- Header structure
- Extension headers
HOST-TO-HOST PROTOCOLS (TCP)
- Ports and sockets
- Sequence and acknowledgement numbers
- Establishing and closing connections
- Sliding windows
PROCESS/APPLICATION LAYER PROTOCOLS BOOTP, DHCP, TELNET, FTP, TFTP, SMTP, POP3, HTTP, SNMP, DNS TCP/IP UTILITIES
- Ping, arp, tracert, netstat, ipconfig, winipcfg, hosts, lmhosts
- Repeaters, hubs, bridges, switches, routers, gateways
- Essentials of satellites
- Challenges with TCP/IP
- VLAN concept
- IEEE802.3 p/Q
- VPN concept
- VPN protocols
- Terms and definitions
- LANs, WANs, VLANs and VPNs
- Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and ARPA models
- 10Mbps Ethernet systems
- Fast and gigabit Ethernet
- Collisions and performance
- Full duplex, deterministic and dual-redundant Ethernet
INTRODUCTION TO CONFIGURING AND TROUBLESHOOTING OF ETHERNET AND TCP/IP
- Use of TCP/IP and third party utilities
- Use of protocol analysers
This course is available fully online through IDC Video: On-Demand video courses.
CLICK HERE for more information.