Instrumentation Books from Ireland
Practical Intrinsic Safety for Engineers and Technicians
This practical and intensive, manual explains the application concepts of Explosion Protection using Intrinsic Safety (IS or Ex ‘I’).
This is with reference to British, European and International Standards for the certification and use of electrical 'apparatus'. Where electrical equipment is used in 'Potentially Flammable Atmospheres', the IEC79 Series of International Standards are now emerging and gaining acceptance in order to develop a global approach to hazardous area plant safety.
The manual covers IS as the preferred technique for instrumentation applied to industrial plant I/O in hazardous areas.
Download PDF Table of Contents :
You will learn :
- design and install safe working systems using Intrinsic Safety
- explain the fundamentals of Intrinsic Safety
- apply the National and International Standards
- learn the vital issues of grounding and bonding IS systems
- fault find intrinsic safety problems