Instrumentation Books from Ireland
Practical Hazardous Areas for Engineers and Technicians
This manual provides delegates with an understanding of the hazards involved in using electrical equipment in Potentially Explosive Atmospheres.
It is based on the newly adopted international IEC79 Series of Standards that are now replacing the older national Standards.
Explosion-proof installations can be expensive to design, install and operate. The wider approaches described in these standards can significantly reduce costs whilst maintaining plant safety.
The manual explains the associated terminology and its correct use. It covers from Area Classification through to the selection of explosion protected electrical apparatus, describing how protection is achieved and maintained in line with these international requirements. Standards require that engineering staff and their management are well learned in Hazardous Areas and this manual is designed to help fulfill that need.
Download PDF Table of Contents :
You will learn :
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the basic hazards associated with electricity near flammable gases and vapours
- Design and install safe working systems in hazardous areas
- Classify hazardous areas
- Detail the types of apparatus that can be used in a given hazardous area
- Explain the types of equipment that can be used in Hazardous areas
- Understand safety and operational aspects of hazardous areas
- Understand system limitations in using hazardous areas protection
- Detail the key areas of the national codes of practicev