Instrumentation Books from Ireland
Practical Hazops, Trips and Alarms
This manual introduces you to the concepts of hazard studies, shows you how they are done and then explains how the safety trips and alarms can be optimally designed to match up to the problems defined and actioned in the hazard studies.
All of which falls within the best internationally accepted safety practices as defined by the new IEC standards IEC 61508 and IEC 61511.
Download PDF Table of Contents :
Hazops, Trips and Alarms
You will learn :
- The hazard study life cycle and safety life cycle models
- Principles and procedures of Hazop studies
- Hazard analysis methods, application of fault tree analysis
- Protection system principles based on alarms and trips
- Introduction to functional safety standards IEC 61508 and IEC 61511
- Concept of safety integrity levels and methods for determination of SIL targets
- Converting Hazop outputs into safety requirements specifications