IDC Technologies Accreditation Status
IDC Technologies is an Internationally Accredited Professional Training Organisation.
IDC Technologies is the sister organisation of The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT), which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). IDC Technologies provides public training workshops, conferences, on-site training and technical reference books. The EIT provides a growing range of online training courses and accredited qualifications.
IDC and the EIT have received recognition, endorsement and/or accreditation (varies by course and location) from authorising bodies based around the world. These organisations include:
- The IEEE, based in the USA is the world’s leading professional association for the advancement of technology, with more than 375,000 members in more than 160 countries. The EIT is an IEEE Continuing Education Provider. http://ieee-elearning.org/outreach/course/view.php?id=37
- IDC Technologies is registered with Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB) (Human Resources Development Fund in Malaysia) in Category A.
- Institute of Measurement and Control (IMC) in the United Kingdom is Britain’s foremost professional body for the Automation Industry. IDC Technologies is a recognised Companion Company of the IMC.
- The Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ) is the professional body which represents professional engineers from all disciplines in New Zealand. IPENZ members can self assess for CPD points associated with IDC Technologies’ public workshops.
- Existing members of Engineers Australia are entitled to claim CPD hours for private study, short courses, and learning activities at the workplace. CPD hours can be claimed for our courses in most cases, but we would always advise individual members to check with the institution if unsure regarding a specific course
- The South African Institution of Mechanical Engineers (SAIMechE) covers all fields of application including automobile, energy generation, process engineering, heavy manufacture, design, management, research, mining and education.
- Many EIT courses are registered with Training.gov.au (TGA) in Australia. TGA is the official National Register of information on Training Packages, Qualifications, Courses, Units of Competency and Registered Training Organisations (RTOs). EIT qualifications accredited to date can be viewed under the “Scope” tab at: http://training.gov.au/Organisation/Details/e5a5523b-a3a3-479c-8303-206106c21c8 br>
Please note that many additional course are also in the process of accreditation. Courses on this site have been validated for delivery in all states and territories by the Training Accreditation Council, which established under the Vocational Education and Training Act 1996 and is an independent Statutory Body. Future courses will be validated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), the newly formed (July 2011) national regulator for Australia’s vocational education and training sector. ASQA regulates courses and training providers to ensure nationally approved quality standards are met.
- The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is a Participating Partner with the Engineering Institute of Canada (EIC) and EIT programs and courses can be utilised by members to register for Continuing Education Units (CEUs). EIC’s Continuing Education Program is supported by The Canadian Council of Professional Engineers, The Association of Consulting Engineers of Canada, and The Canadian Academy for Engineering. EIC is a member of the International Association for Continuing Education and Training, with headquarters in Washington, DC.
- ACPET is the Australian Council for Private Education and Training - the national industry association for independent providers of compulsory education and training, for Australian and international students. The aim of ACPET is to enhance the diversity of education and training throughout Australia via independent enterprise and so provide a choice of product and outcome for consumers. They also have cooperation agreements with private providers in New Zealand, South Africa and Singapore. The EIT is a member of ACPET and as such agrees to abide by the ACPET Code of Ethics, ACPET Constitution and the ACPET By-laws.
It is very important to us, at IDC Technologies, to ensure that our clients can confidently attend our workshops and courses, knowing that the professional development they are receiving is of a creditable standard and will provide them with personal measurable, productivity gains and the opportunity for career advancements.
Engineers and technicians are expected to acquire ongoing professional development – with genuine skill enhancement. Training Organisations (such as IDC and the EIT) endorsed by these authorising bodies are often sought after to ensure professional development demands are met.
We have presented training courses to over 200,000 engineers and technicians over the past 16 years and our aim of maintaining the highest of standards has endured. We have rigorously designed procedures to achieve this end; from the conception of the topics through to the training of the instructors, prior to the workshops’ delivery.
If you need more information regarding the status of a particular workshop/distance learning event or conference before registering on it, please do not hesitate to contact Caroline Patterson (Publishing & Accreditation Manager) by phone or via email: email@example.com or through your local IDC office.